SARAH TEVIS POTEET, DDS
Dr. Sarah Tevis Poteet is a native Texan from Waco. She graduated from Texas Tech University and then went to dental school where she earned a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. She was one of a select few to also complete an Advanced Education in General Dentistry residency, where she acquired training in complex restorative cases, implants, sedation, and surgery.
Dr. Poteet is a member of many prestigious dental organizations including the American Dental Association (ADA), the Texas Dental Association (TDA), the Dallas County Dental Society
(DCDS), the American Academy for Oral Systemic Health (AAOSH), the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), and the American College of Dentists (ACD). She is on the Board of Directors for the National Foundation of Ectodermal Dysplasias (NFED) – a foundation to help families with a genetic disorder affecting teeth.
In addition to her busy practice, Dr. Poteet volunteers her time with the Women’s Junior League of Dallas. She is also a member of Highland Park United Methodist Church. She is married to Bryan Poteet, and they have a daughter named Adelle “Elle”.
Dr. Poteet has received many accolades for her involvement in dentistry.
- The “New Dentist Leadership Award” from the Texas Dental Association (TDA) 2011
- Bale/Doneen Method” Preceptorship 2014
- Fellowship Award from the Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD) in 2010
- Johnson & Johnson’s “Remarkable Woman Award” in 2003
- Appeared on ABC’s “The View” with Barbara Walters in 2003
- Consumers Research Council of America’s “America’s Top Dentists” Award 2005, 2010, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Named “New Dentist of the Year”, by the Dallas County Dental Society in 2007
- Recognized as one of the “Best Dentists” in Dallas, by D-Magazine in 2007, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- “Patients’ Choice Award 2012” by American Registry, LLC
- Listed in Texas Monthly’s Texas Super Dentists®, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
“We invite patients of all ages to come and experience comprehensive dental care in a relaxing and friendly atmosphere”.